geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <...@jnwd.net>
Subject Re: my Java EE tragic story.
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2008 23:01:02 GMT
Hi Mohammad,

I'm sorry that you haven't had a better experience with Geronimo.

I looked back at you other posts and it looked like all of your issues
got straightened out.

 From your blog, the issue with One to Many relationships is something
that I ran into myself when I first started using JPA.

Apparently, whoever it was that worked out the JPA spec thought that it
would be a good idea to make the 'standard' method of defining a 1-M
relationship be to have the entity on the 'many' side own the
relationship.  Until right this second (literally as I am typing this) I
could not see why they would do this - but, that is what they did.

So when I was trying to set up my relationships, they all 'felt'
backwards.  Is this what you meant in #3 on your blog?

If it is, then there is a possible ray of light for you with OpenJPA.
Because, they added a (non-standard) way of mapping 1-M relationships
from the 'one' side.  That made defining my table relationship feel much
more natural (to me).

So, if that is what you meant on your blog, here is the OpenJPA specific
annotation:

@ElementJoinColumn(name="column in this table",
referencedColumnName="column in the other table")

Hope that helps,

Jay