geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Dan Becker <dan.o.bec...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Genimo + Quartz = No Security Context
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:37:05 GMT
ApolloX wrote:
> I've added quartz scheduling tool my Geronimo 1.2 server.  I've created
> servlet with start-on-startup property set in the web xml so that on server
> start, the servlet issues a call to a session bean that initializes the
> scheduler on the EJB tier/level.
>
> The scheduling mechanism starts and works properly, the problem I'm having
> is tasks in the schedular are unable to access CMP2 entity beans.  Any
> attempt to access the persistent layer ends with a NullPointerException in
> the geronimo security context manager as show below.
>
> Is there a way to provide the tasks in the schedule with a proper context so
> that the processes can run?  I checked and the initial call to start the
> scheduler has access to this layer, but this information is not available to
> the threads the scheduler spawns.

> 	at
> org.apache.geronimo.security.ContextManager.getCurrentContext(ContextManager.java:167)

Hello ApolloX,

Quick question. Are you running with Java 2 security enabled?
(-Djava.security.manager)? If so, what policies are you running with?

There are some areas in Geronimo where security AccessControllers must
be added, so this could be an area where privileged code is run without
the proper control blocks (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3938).
--
Thanks, Dan Becker