geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: inverse-classloading error
Date Sun, 20 Apr 2008 14:59:06 GMT

On Apr 20, 2008, at 5:24 AM, bgbraga wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to load all of my WEB-INF/lib jar and the other jars from
> geronimo
> ... But this command generated an error.
>
> <environment>
> <inverse-classloading/>
> </environment>
>
> ERROR:
> 15:52:33,442 WARN [ConfigurationUtil] Could not load gbean
> default/globalsafe/1208630537244/war?
> J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebModule,name=default/globalsafe/
> 1208630537244/war
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Getter
> return type
> in wrong classloader: type: interface
> javax.transaction.UserTransaction
> wanted in classloader:
> [org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.JarFileClassLoader
> id=default/globalsafe/1208630537244/war] actual:
> [org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.JarFileClassLoader
> id=org.apache.geronimo.configs/jee-specs/2.0.2/car]
> <snip>

> I have javax.transaction.UserTransaction in WEB-INF\lib\jta.jar
>
> I don't understand why the error is happening ...
> I can not have the jta.jar?

well, no, unless you are willing to work harder.  jta is a server
component, so if you include it in your app and set classloading so
your app classes are loaded first, you are certain to run into
trouble.  I thought the error you are getting was moderately clear
about the problem that is occuring.

I'm afraid my imagination is not up to thinking of a scenario in
which having a transaction api jar in your app would provide any
benefit.  However, if you want to keep it, you can override the
effect of <inverse-classloading/> for particular packages using <non-
overrideable-classes> filters.

<non-overridable-classes>
<filter>javax.transaction.</filter>
</non-overridable-classes>

I'm generally against default restrictions on how an application
classloader can be set up but maybe we should think about including
javax.transaction in the default non-overridable-classes filters.

thanks
david jencks