geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jan Vandieken" <jan.vandie...@gmx.de>
Subject Retrieve server status from commandline
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 15:48:34 GMT
Hi

I am currently trying to automate the start & deployment for a application running on
IBM WAS CE (which uses the Geronimo).

Now I am strugelling to figure out a way to detect from the windows commandline when the server
has been started sucessfully.

For the user this is ovious, once the cmd-line says server started. But how can I script that
to wait with the deployment step until the server has been started?

Is there any command like serverstatus.bat or shutdown.bat --status I might use? Is there
maybe an existing class in a jar file I could call to obtain the proper status of the server?

I saw this discussion in the developer mailing list:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg58189.html
Have there been any improvements so far?

Thanks
Jan