geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: connection pool in g-mo 2.1
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 16:20:06 GMT

On Apr 3, 2008, at 5:36 AM, Mohammad Shamsi wrote:

> Hi All
>
> im fresh new g-mo user.
> i write a sample application to compare speed and performance
> between java ee application servers.
>
> i have just java ee standard deployment descriptors in my application.

You need a little bit of a geronimo plan.  Stuff (including your app)
in geronimo is organized in "modules" which form a directed acyclic
graph which determines the classloader structure and to a large
extent component visibility.  In particular in order for geronimo to
be able to resolve the reference to jdbc/mysqlDS the deployed
datasource named jdbc/mysqlDS needs to be in an ancestor of your app
in this DAG.  Furthermore the name here is not any jndi name but the
name specified in the geronimo plan for the datasource.

You set up the DAG using the environment element of a geronimo plan.
Include the module containing the datasource as a dependency of your
application.

This is a frequently asked question and ought to be documented at
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/ in an easy to find location.  If
you cant find it there could you file a documentation jira at https://
issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO?

many thanks