geronimo-user mailing list archives

From newbie-gero <chongm...@e7tech.com>
Subject Re: File structure of the files when deploying on Geronimo
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:50:45 GMT

Hi,
Thanks for the help. I have deploy the directory named ims.war into Geronimo
containing the application artifacts using this command:
java -jar bin/deployer.jar --user system --password manager deploy --inPlace
ims.war

This are the errors in prompt:
Error: Unable to distribute ims.war: xml problem for web app .

        Invalid deployment descriptor: errors:

    error: cvc-complex-type.2.4a: Expected elements
    'work-dir@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
    clustering@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0
    web-container@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2
    host@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
    cross-context@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
    disable-cookies@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
    valve-chain@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
    listener-chain@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
    tomcat-realm@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
    manager@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
    cluster@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
    abstract-naming-entry@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2
    ejb-ref@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2
    ejb-local-ref@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2
    service-ref@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2
    resource-ref@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2
    resource-env-ref@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2
    message-destination@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2

security-realm-name@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1
    service@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2
    persistence@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence' instead of
    'type@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1' here

    Descriptor:

    <xml-fragment
    xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2"
    xmlns:tom="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web/tomcat-2.0.1">

      <dep:environment>

        <dep:moduleId>

          <dep:groupId>sample2.applications</dep:groupId>

          <dep:artifactId>IMSApp</dep:artifactId>

          <dep:version>2.1</dep:version>

        </dep:moduleId>

      </dep:environment>

      <tom:context-root>ims</tom:context-root>

      <tom:type>war</tom:type>

    </xml-fragment>

This is the geronimo-web.xml i wriiten and placed inside the WEB-INF
directory
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-2.0.1">
        <environment>
                <moduleId>
                        <groupId>sample2.applications</groupId>
                        <artifactId>IMSApp</artifactId>
                        <version>2.1</version>
                </moduleId>
        </environment>
        <context-root>ims</context-root>
	<type>war</type>
</web-app>

What can i do? Thanks for the guidance..