geronimo-user mailing list archives

From newbie-gero <chongm...@e7tech.com>
Subject File structure of the files when deploying on Geronimo
Date Sun, 27 Apr 2008 09:16:55 GMT

Greetings,
i have questions and i hope you all can help me.
I have been trying out geronimo and i do have some questions on which type
of file structure to deploy the codes.

I have been deploying my codes all in a directory without compressing them
in .war or .ear extension on jboss and tomcat. Below is the tree of the
directory i deployed in jboss or tomcat and it is running well. The ims.war
name in the tree below is the name of the directory, not a compress file.

ims.war/
|-- WEB-INF
|   |-- classes
|   |   `-- com
|   |       `-- IMS
|   |           |-- IMSObj
|   |           |   |-- loginDataObj.class
|   |           |   |-- loginDataObj.java
|   |           |   |-- newUserObj.class
|   |           |   `-- newUserObj.java
|   |           |-- bean
|   |           |   |-- loginDataBean.class
|   |           |   |-- loginDataBean.java
|   |           |   |-- newUserBean.class
|   |           |   `-- newUserBean.java
|   |           `-- connect
|   |               |-- ConnectData.class
|   |               |-- ConnectData.java
|   |               `-- connection.properties
|   |-- geronimo-web.xml
|   |-- geronimo-web.xml~
|   |-- lib
|   `-- web.xml
|-- checkLogin.inc
|-- checkUser.inc
|-- default_style.css
|-- index.jsp
|-- indexError.jsp
|-- login-logic.jsp
|-- loginPage.jsp
|-- logout-logic.jsp
|-- main_page.jsp
|-- style.css
`-- top-bannerTest.jsp

So my question for this topic is, is it possible to deploy the above
structure as shown above into geronimo and see it runs or when using
geronimo applicaion server, it is a must for me to compress it as a war
file?

These are the file i deploy into jboss and tomcat. I have zip up the
contents. To deploy, i will unzip and copy the ims.war directory(not
compress) into the deploy folder for jboss and tomcat
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16921303/ims.war.zip ims.war.zip

This is the compress file of the ims.war which i use to deploy in geronimo
http://www.nabble.com/file/p16921303/ims.war ims.war

Thanks in advance and waiting for the guidance