geronimo-user mailing list archives

From maho77 <m.hoffm...@mvolution.de>
Subject Re: Substitute geronimo javamail with sun implementation
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 14:12:40 GMT

Hello,

thank you, I have built the 1.5-SNAPSHOT version of
geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail. There are no exceptions anymore, so this
problems is fixed.

replacing the jar in the repository is no solution because there are two
config-cars that contain dependencies to this jar config/javamail and
config/jee-specs. In my geronimo version they have dependency to
geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail_1.2,jar. So there are two solutions that I got to
work:
1. rename geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail_1.2,jar to
geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail_1.2_old,jar, copy
geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail_1.5-SNAPSHOT,jar to the 1.2 repository localtion
and rename it into geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail_1.2,jar. Restart the server.

2. Rebuild the two configs with modified pom's that link to the 1.5-SNAPSHOT
jar location and overwrite the configs-files in the repository. Restart the
server

I didn't found a solution without server restart until now. Even deploying
new configurations and using the client-artifact.properties didn't work. I'm
open for each help changing dependencies without a server restart.

Mark