geronimo-user mailing list archives

From maho77 <m.hoffm...@mvolution.de>
Subject Re: Substitute geronimo javamail with sun implementation
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:59:33 GMT

Hello,

the pop3 problems are solved on my 2.0.2 with the 1.5-SNAPSHOT of the
geronimo-mail svn-trunk build. I installed the new jar into the repository.
Now I followed your instructions and built config/javamail and
config/jee-specs because these booth configs have a dependency to
org.apache.geronimo.javamail/geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail/1.2. So i changed
the pom's to the new version of the
org.apache.geronimo.javamail/geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail/1.5-SNAPSHOT. I gave
them other names, so I got config/javamail2 and config/jee-specs2 with the
new dependency. I deployed both plans, changed the var/config/config.xml as
well as the var/config/client_artifact_aliases.properties:
org.apache.geronimo.configs/javamail//car=org.apache.geronimo.configs/javamail2/2.0.2/car
org.apache.geronimo.configs/jee-specs//car=org.apache.geronimo.configs/jee-specs2/2.0.2/car
Even after a server restart, geronimo took the old
geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail-1.2 implementation.:-(

The problem is the dependency to jee-specs. In the system module view the
old jee-spec still has its old children. My new  jee-specs2 has no child. So
I modified the pom's of config/javamail and config/jee-specs that I get the
same car like the installed ones with the only difference, the dependendy to
the 1.5-SNAPSHOT-jar. After the build I overwrote the files in the
repository with the versions from the build. I started the server and it
worked. I have to say that the plan I got are module plans you talked about
plugins, is this the same?

BUT you can reach the same result by renaming the
original geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail-1.2.jar into
geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail-1.2_old.jar for instance and than copy your
geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail-1.5-SNAPSHOT.jar into the directory of the
1.2-jar and rename the new 1.5-SNAPSHOT version into
geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail-1.2.jar. Restart the server and it works.

I thought there is a possibility without server restart. If I modify the
client_artifact_aliases.properties, do I have to restart the server to make
my changes apply?

Mark