geronimo-user mailing list archives

From TioDuke <tiod...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Before installation
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:59:43 GMT

Hi,

I am beginning to prepare for the SCBCD 5.0 exam and I was thinking about
installing Geronimo as my study/test Application Server. I have a couple of
questions:

1) Wich EJB version does Geronimo 2.1 (current) support? Accordingly to
Geronimo's website, Geronimo is JEE 5 comliant, so I imagine it supports EJB
3.0. However, accordingly to Wikipedia OpenEJB supports EJB 2.1 only.

2) I have Tomcat 6 already installed in my box. Can Geronimo be configured
to use that Tomcat installation instead of the one that comes bundled with
it? If it is possible, how complicated that is?
I am running a Linux box, so symlinking could be an option.

Thank you very much for your kind help.