geronimo-user mailing list archives

From maho77 <m.hoffm...@mvolution.de>
Subject JAAS with a standalone client
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 13:45:14 GMT

Hello,
I have a standalone client, no jee-application client. Now I want to login
to the server using JAAS, which works until now. But the only principal I
get from the subject is a server principal. But I need all
GeronimoGroupPricipals and GeronimoUserPrincipals of the authneticated user
in the subject on my client, to enable or disable UI elements. I
investigated in the source code but found no solution for this. Is it
possible to get the GeronimoPricipals to the client or can I get the server
subject in any way?

Currently I have a bean that does the same as the corresponding SQLRealm. It
provides the user and group depending on the user that is currently logged
in. But I want to avoid this solution.

Can you give me an hint?

Mark