geronimo-user mailing list archives

From maho77 <>
Subject Substitute geronimo javamail with sun implementation
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 13:36:57 GMT

When I use the geronimo-mail implementation to access pop3 folders in a
bean, I get exceptions for some of the messages. So i tried a sample main
application with the sun implementation without any errors. Now I wanted
Geronimo to use the sun implementation instead of geronimo-mail.

My first step was to get the Geronimo implementation running. So I created
an GBean:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<module xmlns="">

<gbean name="POP3" class="org.apache.geronimo.mail.POP3StoreGBean">
	<attribute name="host" type="java.lang.String">popserver</attribute>
	<attribute name="user" type="java.lang.String">username</attribute>
	<attribute name="port" type="java.lang.Integer">110</attribute>
<gbean name="mail/POPMailSession"
        <attribute name="transportProtocol">pop3</attribute>
        <attribute name="jndiName">ger:/POPMailSession</attribute>
        <reference name="Protocols"/>

This works very well in my Bean with the @Resource annotation.
I want this with the sun implemention.

So I installed the javamail.jar and activation.jar from sun on Geronimo. The
problem is the dependency org.apache.geronimo.configs/javamail/2.0.2/car in
the GBean. There is an geronimo.plugin.xml in
rg.apache.geronimo.configs/javamail/2.0.2/car which shows the dependency to
the org.apache.geronimo.javamail/geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail/1.2/jar.

How can I create such a configuration? Do I have to create it with a
deployment-plan? What schema do I have to use?

Thank you for your help.