geronimo-user mailing list archives

From newbie-gero <chongm...@e7tech.com>
Subject Require help and guidance to deploy a war file
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:53:43 GMT

Hi lists.
i require advice and help at deploying a war file. I started out using Jboss
app server. i have attach my file which i deploy my in JBoss. It can run
successfully when i type http://localhost:8080/ims/index.jsp

This time round i deploy the file into geronimo. The difference with the
file i deployed in Geronimo is i added in a geronimo-web.xml file in WEB-INF
and compress the file into .war.
When i use command line to deploy the file, the response is:

chongming@LinuxCM:~/geronimo-2.1> java -jar bin/deployer.jar --user system
--password manager deploy ims.war
    Deployed default/ims/1208439219896/war @ /ims

However on the Geronimo log it shows this error:
21:33:39,897 WARN  [TomcatModuleBuilder] Web application . does not contain
a WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml deployment plan.  This may or may not be a
problem, depending on whether you have things like resource references that
need to be resolved.  You can also give the deployer a separate deployment
plan file on the command line.

These is the file i deployed in Geronimo. As for JBoss, simply uncompress
the file;
  http://www.nabble.com/file/p16744015/ims.war ims.war