geronimo-user mailing list archives

From BenLeino ...@fffsoftware.de>
Subject Re: Accessing geronimo connection pool from shared library
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 07:42:04 GMT

Hi david,

thanks for your reply. I will change the cast to datasource.

The problem is that the shared library should work for all wars or ejbs. So
the validator should work no matter what the referencing application has
inserted in its web.xml and so so.

Let's say the library should have native database and ejb access. But
because the library isn't a JEE component itsself, I just don't get it to
work.

Because the validator, for instance, gets called from a faces context it
seems to be managed (InitialContext works fine etc.). But because the
library itself has no resource-ref etc. I get this error message.

Did you get my point?

Thanks a lot,
Tim