geronimo-user mailing list archives

From BenLeino ...@fffsoftware.de>
Subject Accessing geronimo connection pool from shared library
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:21:44 GMT

Hi,

I have googled a lot, but I can't figure out the solution myself. Maybe I
have a understanding problem.

I have a web application (WAR) that calls several EJBs and so on. Everything
works fine. This WAR includes a shared library within geronimos shared
library repository (I have written this library).

This library includes a validator (JSF) which needs database access. The
method looks like this:

public void validate(FacesContext arg0, UIComponent arg1, Object arg2)
throws ValidatorException {
    [...]
    objConnection = (ConnectionPoolDataSource)
context.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/hbTest");
    [...]
}

And hbTest is a well known and used connection pool in geronimo. When doing
this I always get "javax.naming.NotContextException".

How can I get the lookup to work wthout having to deploy my shared library
as an EJB library? Because the library is not stand alone, it is only
included by other EJB and WAR projects.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Tim