geronimo-user mailing list archives

From atul12345 <atul.i...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to run Ejb program on geronimo
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 09:00:41 GMT

Dear sir,

            Now my problem is i not want to use system's specified jndi
name, now i want to use any client give any own jndi name and server without
any [roblem lookup that name.so please anyone tell me what step i have to
follow to create own jndi name.
                Thanks a lot. Looking forward to hearing from you.

atul12345 wrote:

> Dear sir,
>
>             Thanx a lot...................to give the suitable response.
>
> djencks wrote:
>>
>> My apologies for not seeing that you are trying to name your ejb the
>> same as the spec required MEJB.  I recommend you remove the jndi-name
>> tag from your openejb-jar.xml plan and use the default binding
>> location that you can see by looking at the log of deployment of your
>> app.
>>
>> In the future please examine the environment for signs of errors and
>> report them all.  In this case the deployment error occurred well
>> before you tried to access the ejb and knowing about it would have
>> helped give better advice sooner.  BTW my previous comment that you
>> are actually looking up the spec-required MEJB home rather than your
>> ejb is borne out by the deployment error.
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>

>> On Apr 7, 2008, at 11:22 PM, atul12345 wrote:
>>

>>> Dear Sir,
>>>
>>>              Thanks for help but this is not my solution. Anyway
>>> sir i have
>>> already provided all code that i am using for simple stateless session
>>> bean.I am using two  interface one is remote interface with one
>>> method that
>>> is add and second is home interface and one bean class which
>>> implements the
>>> sessionBean interface.and two xml which are ejb-jar.xml and other is
>>> openejb.xml.after i created one jar file that include the two
>>> interface,one
>>> bean class and two xml which are exist in meta-inf.when i deployed
>>> this jar
>>> file into the server that show successfully deployed.bt when i checked
>>> server log file it show Jndi(name=ejb/mgmt/MEJBRemoteHome) cannot
>>> be bound
>>> to Ejb(deployment-id=ejbsample1.jar/ejb/mgmt/MEJB). Name already
>>> taken by
>>> Ejb(deployment-id=mejb/ejb/mgmt/MEJB).
>>> and when i run my client program get this kind of na error ...........
>>> java.lang.ClassCastException      at
>>>   com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow
>>> (PortableR at
>>>   javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableRemoteObject.java:137)
>>>    at HelloWorld.main(HelloWorld.java:31)
>>>   Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy0 cannot be cast to
>>> org.omg.CORBA at
>>>   com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow
>>> (PortableR
>>>      ... 2 more
>>> And my client code is
>>>
>>> import java.util.*;
>>> import javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject;
>>> import javax.naming.*;
>>> import javax.rmi.*;
>>> import javax.ejb.*;