geronimo-user mailing list archives

From atul12345 <atul.i...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to run Ejb program on geronimo
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 06:22:50 GMT

Dear Sir,

             Thanks for help but this is not my solution. Anyway sir i have
already provided all code that i am using for simple stateless session
bean.I am using two  interface one is remote interface with one method that
is add and second is home interface and one bean class which implements the
sessionBean interface.and two xml which are ejb-jar.xml and other is
openejb.xml.after i created one jar file that include the two interface,one
bean class and two xml which are exist in meta-inf.when i deployed this jar
file into the server that show successfully deployed.bt when i checked
server log file it show Jndi(name=ejb/mgmt/MEJBRemoteHome) cannot be bound
to Ejb(deployment-id=ejbsample1.jar/ejb/mgmt/MEJB). Name already taken by
Ejb(deployment-id=mejb/ejb/mgmt/MEJB).
and when i run my client program get this kind of na error ...........
java.lang.ClassCastException      at
  com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableR at
  javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableRemoteObject.java:137)
   at HelloWorld.main(HelloWorld.java:31)
  Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy0 cannot be cast to
org.omg.CORBA at
  com.sun.corba.se.impl.javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(PortableR
     ... 2 more
And my client code is

import java.util.*;
import javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject;
import javax.naming.*;
import javax.rmi.*;
import javax.ejb.*;
import java.rmi.RemoteException;
//import com.prokriti.server.*;

public class Client {

	/**
	 * @param args
	 */
		// TODO Auto-generated method stub
		try {
			Properties properties=new Properties();
	   		properties.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
	   		properties.put("java.naming.provider.url","ejbd://localhost:4201");
                       //
                       Context context = new InitialContext(properties);
                       Object homeObject =
context.lookup("mgmt/MEJBRemoteHome");
                        System.out.println("ic = "+homeObject);
                        //Object abc=PortableRemoteObject.narrow(homeObject,
DemoHome.class);
                       DemoHome home =
(DemoHome)PortableRemoteObject.narrow(homeObject, DemoHome.class);
                      DemoInter remote =home.create();
                      //remote.display();

		} catch(Exception e) {
      System.err.println("NamingException: " + e.getMessage());
    }
//		catch(RemoteException e) {
//      System.err.println("RemoteException: " + e.getMessage());
//    } catch(CreateException e) {
//      System.err.println("FinderException: " + e.getMessage());
//    }

	}

}

Problem is i think could not get the correct jndi name. so where to find
correct jndi name and what m i doing wrong.please
help me ....becoz i have already spent lot of time to resolve that problem
but could not get any suitable response to resolve this problem.so i hope to
Anyone that can help me to resolve this problem..............

Kevan Miller wrote:

> [...]
>>  My.DemoInter obj1=ejbHome.create();
>>  System.out.println(obj1.add(4,5));
>>

>>                } catch (Exception e) {
>>                        System.out.println(e);
>>                        // TODO: handle exception
>>                }
>>

>>        }
>>
>> }
>>

>> this is log file..........
>>
>> 13:02:24,839 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode 'edit' not
>> found
>> for portletId: '/plugin.Deployment!227983155|0'
>> 13:02:30,987 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode 'edit' not
>> found
>> for portletId: '/plugin.Deployment!227983155|0'
>> 13:02:34,611 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode 'edit' not
>> found
>> for portletId: '/plugin.Deployment!227983155|0'
>> 13:02:35,732 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode 'edit' not
>> found
>> for portletId: '/plugin.Deployment!227983155|0'
>> 13:02:40,045 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default Stateless
>> Container, type=Container, provider-id=Default Stateless Container)
>> 13:02:40,045 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default Stateful
>> Container, type=Container, provider-id=Default Stateful Container)
>> 13:02:40,045 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default BMP Container,
>> type=Container, provider-id=Default BMP Container)
>> 13:02:40,046 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default CMP Container,
>> type=Container, provider-id=Default CMP Container)
>> 13:02:40,046 INFO  [config] Configuring app:
>> default/ejbsample1.jar/1207553559310/jar
>> 13:02:40,078 INFO  [OpenEJB] Auto-deploying ejb DemoEJB:
>> EjbDeployment(deployment-id=ejbsample1.jar/DemoEJB)
>> 13:02:40,079 INFO  [config] Loaded Module:
>> default/ejbsample1.jar/1207553559310/jar
>> 13:02:40,976 INFO  [startup] Assembling app:
>>
>> /home/atul/santemp/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1/var/temp/geronimo-deployer17419.tmpdir/ejbsample1.jar
>> 13:02:40,985 INFO  [startup] Jndi(name=DemoEJBRemoteHome) -->
>> Ejb(deployment-id=ejbsample1.jar/DemoEJB)
>> 13:02:40,985 INFO  [startup] Created
>> Ejb(deployment-id=ejbsample1.jar/DemoEJB, ejb-name=DemoEJB,
>> container=Default Stateless Container)
>> 13:02:40,985 INFO  [startup] Deployed
>>
>> Application(path=/home/atul/santemp/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1/var/temp/geronimo-deployer17419.tmpdir/ejbsample1.jar)
>> 13:02:41,083 INFO  [SupportedModesServiceImpl] Portlet mode 'edit' not
>> found
>> for portletId: '/plugin.Deployment!227983155|0'
>>

>> djencks wrote:
>> >
>> > We seem to be going around in circles.  I don't believe the exception
>> > you show is consistent with the client code you show.  Please show
>> > the ENTIRE stack trace for this exception and include the exact
>> > source code as a file so I can see the line numbers from the client
>> > code matching up with the stack trace.  I cannot investigate further
>> > without some definite correspondence that I can see clearly between

See ya!

get one new error

be cast to

and EJB which