geronimo-user mailing list archives

From punkymt1 <punky...@gmail.com>
Subject EAR connection pool - need help with configuration
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2008 15:24:05 GMT

Hi, I have an EAR with two entity beans. I created a database in Geronimo
with two tables using the db manager and later a connection pool using the
geronimo wizard. I am using Apache Derby and deployed the connection pool
from the wizard.

My problem is how to refer the EAR to the connection pool and database.
1) Could anyone explain where and what I need to write to the deployment
descriptors?

2) In my case since it is an EAR do I need to write them in the
application.xml and geronimo-application.xml or in the web.xml and
geronimo-web.xml? I am not accessing the database directly from the web but
by using persistance I am filling the database.

3) Also do I need to write something in the open-ejb.xml? What I wrote till
now is the 'entity' part but no resource references.

Please help.

Thank you.