geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Bill Brown <wbr...@colorfulsoftware.com>
Subject JSP Charset encoding issue
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 18:48:14 GMT

Greetings:

I am checking the standards compliance for some of my jsp pages that render
as XHTML.  I have run into the issue where my jsp file is encoded as UTF-8
(according to the eclipse editor) and it includes the <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?> at the top of the file.  However Firefox / IE6 and the
validator site are reporting that the http-header for encoding being sent is
ISO-8859-1 and so the page breaks for that validation.  Here is the response
header:

Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 18:43:47 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.4 (Ubuntu) DAV/2 SVN/1.4.4 mod_jk/1.2.23 mod_ssl/2.2.4
OpenSSL/0.9.8e
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Via: 1.1 127.0.0.1
Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100
Connection: Keep-Alive
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Is there a setting somewhere in geronimo I can use to set the Content-Type
header to UTF-8 ?

Thanks for your feedback.
Bill.