geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ApolloX <sc...@selikoff.net>
Subject Re: Genimo + Quartz = No Security Context
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 16:05:36 GMT

Dan Becker wrote:

> Quick question. Are you running with Java 2 security enabled?
> (-Djava.security.manager)? If so, what policies are you running with?
>
> There are some areas in Geronimo where security AccessControllers must
> be added, so this could be an area where privileged code is run without
> the proper control blocks (see
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3938).

No I'm not but adding that switch produces the error on startup shown in the
ticket issue.  Should I be running with the security manager?

It seems like my system isn't configured for a default security role in the
event a thread tries to access the EJB layer without a user context.  Is
there a way to configure the geronimo files to make such a context available
for quartz threads?  In theory I could pass the initialization servlet's
context at the time the threads are created, but it seems like that would
(and probably should) expire while the threads are sleeping.