geronimo-user mailing list archives

From punkymt1 <punky...@gmail.com>
Subject EAR deployment need help
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 08:44:13 GMT

Dear Geronimo Users,

I am new to Geronimo but I do not think that it is impossible to learn
deployment on it. But since I am a Netbeans user, most of the descriptors
and stuff are done automatically so I am finding it a bit difficult to
deploy my EAR on Geronimo.

So basically here are my questions:

Can I use the application.xml only to deploy the EAR? I can edit this in
Netbeans to match Geronimo requirements. If yes, what is exactly needed in
the application.xml? I currently have this:

<application version="5" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_5.xsd">
  <display-name>EnterpriseApplication1</display-name>
  <module>
    <ejb>EnterpriseApplication1-ejb.jar</ejb>
  </module>
  <module>
    <web>
      <web-uri>EnterpriseApplication1-war.war</web-uri>
      <context-root>/EnterpriseApplication1-war</context-root>
    </web>
  </module>
</application>

Do I need a geronimo plan?