In regards to the original issue of this post, I've opened
GERONIMO-3944
to track fixing it.

thanks
david jencks
On Mar 30, 2008, at 11:18 AM, Andrey Tedeev wrote:

Thanks for reply. G-mo 2.1 is used. Unfortunately I have to put persistence
unit into geronimo-web.xml . In our company each customer has their own
schema on AS400 becasue
of security issues. So I have bunch of different datasources pointing to
appropriate schema.
Layout of database is the same in each case. I tried to use resource-ref but
geronimo returnserror about JTA datasource like in this post:

http://www.nabble.com/Problem-with-persistence.xml-%28how-to-use-data-source-%29-td16380414s134.html

djencks wrote:

This is definitely a bug in geronimo that we need to fix before the
next release.  Can you tell us which geronimo version you are using?
There's a slight chance it has been fixed already and I've forgotten
about it.

As a workaround I think you can just include all the persistence
information in a persistence.xml file at an appropriate location in
your app.

BTW, you need different datasources for jta-datasource and non-jta-
datasource.  The jta-datasource should have <local-transaction/> or
<xa-transaction><transaction-caching/></xa-transaction> and the non-
jta-datasource should have <no-transaction/>

I can't get derby to work without 2 datasources. I don't know about
other databases, but using the same transactional datasource for non-
jta-datasource is almost certain to lead to trouble.
Can you suggest some way of documenting this so people are likely to
find it?  Maybe we should refuse to accept the same datasource for
both....

thanks
david jencks