I think this link might also prove useful depending on what you're looking to do.

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Viet Nguyen <vhnguy2@gmail.com> wrote:

It's great to know that you are wanting to use Geronimo. We have the
installation instructions here (although, running it is very simple).

The source code actually builds the full and little Geronimo
assemblies. Little G is just the bare minimal that our app server
needs in order to run. The full assembly contains a lot of extra
components such as OpenEJB to support other JEE related things.
Additionally, you can install other plugins as needed to cater to your
specific needs.

Hope I answered your question,