geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Kenneth P. Turvey" <kt-use...@squeakydolphin.com>
Subject Re: Help installing geronimo
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 07:24:35 GMT
On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:37:08 -0400, Jason Warner wrote:

> If you wanted to deploy your static content directly into Geronimo, then
> you could do so by building a war containing that content and then
> deploying it.  If that's what you want to do, then I can talk you
> through the process.

This seems a bit awkward.  I've decided to just go with your later
discussion and install Apache.

> I think we have another option here, though.  It's
> possible to use Geronimo with the Apache server to run your application.
>  There's two ways to do this and you can find documentation for both for
> Geronimo 2.1 here [1].  Doing this, you should be able to (at least with
> the mod_jk method) have your static content run on the HTTPd server and
> then have geronimo handle dynamic content.  Since you would be using
> HTTP as your front end, the matter of virtual hosts would be handled by
> the HTTP server and there is some documentation on that here [2].

I've got the apache part setup and working.  Now I'm going to move onto
getting Geronimo to handle the dynamic content.

> I think this might be the most elegant solution to what you want to do.
> If you're looking to use only Geronimo without the HTTP server, then
> we're going to have to do some more digging.  Hope this helps.  Let me
> know if you have anymore questions

This is really what I would have preferred.  I really feel like I'm
running two daemons to do the same thing now.  I'm not sure why Apache is
necessary for what I'm trying to do.  Oh well, if that's the way to
handle things.

I think I've got this worked out now.  I do appreciate your help.  Thank
you.  I may still have more to ask you if I have problems deploying a war
file, but I think I can work that out.  Thank you.

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet@squeakydolphin.com>