geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Kenneth P. Turvey" <kt-use...@squeakydolphin.com>
Subject Re: Help installing geronimo
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 13:40:12 GMT
On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 08:44:35 -0400, Jason Warner wrote:

> Hi Kenneth,
>
> You are indeed in the right place.  I'm afraid we're all a little heads
> down with trying to get the 2.1.1 release out.  I'm not too familiar
> with the area you're asking about but I'll see what I can do about
> helping.  If anyone else has any ideas, feel free to jump in.  Would you
> mind providing some information though?  Namely, what version of the
> server are you using? Also, do you have specific errors you're coming
> across when trying to deploy the static content?  Please provide your
> deployment method or any errors so we might be able to help figure out
> why it isn't working.

I've got the latest version of the server, jetty6-javaee5-2.1.

I'm not getting any specific errors, but I don't really know where to
start.  I can't find any documentation on deploying static content at
all.  I assume I just drop it into a directory, but I don't know which
one.  I'm also not sure about the other domains and how to handle that.
Where would the static content go for them?

I'm also not sure about how to handle the virtual domains to begin with.
I'm not sure if I set them all up as virtual domains or not.  I walked
through the docs on setting up virtual domains (with the tomcat version,
not jetty) and I was not successful.  Is this stuff documented
somewhere?  Is there a howto on doing this?

I do appreciate your help.

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet@squeakydolphin.com>