geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Kenneth P. Turvey" <kt-use...@squeakydolphin.com>
Subject Re: Help installing geronimo
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 09:36:05 GMT
On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 22:39:51 +0000, Kenneth P. Turvey wrote:

> I'm trying to install Geronimo with Jetty on my VPS.  I'm new to JEE and
> would just like a system to play with, but I'm also replacing an
> existing system so I have a few requirements that I'm trying to meet and
> I can't seem to get it to work.
>
> There are three names that I would like to have resolved to Geronimo:
>
> www.squeakydolphin.com
> kt.squeakydolphin.com
> www.evolutionprograms.com
>
> In addition the name www.evolutionaryprograms.com should just redirect
> to www.evolutionprograms.com
>
> I can set these to come in on different IPs if necessary, the current
> nameserver configuration has www.evolutionprograms.com on its own IP
> with www.evolutionaryprograms.com pointing to it.
>
> I would like to be able to serve static content on these three pages
> directly from Geronimo without running a separate instance of apache or
> anything else.  I'd like to easily make changes to this static content.
> In addition, there are a few stand alone JSP pages I would like served
> and a single .war file I would like to install.
>
> For now, that's it.  Unfortunately I can't seem to get even the static
> content served correctly or the different domains even answering.
>
> If someone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly
> appreciate it.

I hate to follow up my own post, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'm
asking in the wrong place.  Is there another forum that covers this kind
of thing?   I know this is just basic setup information, but I don't know
where else to get the information.

Am I trying to do something with Geronimo that I shouldn't be?  It can
serve static content without a problem, can't it?

Thank you.

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet@squeakydolphin.com>