geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Kenneth P. Turvey" <kt-use...@squeakydolphin.com>
Subject Help installing geronimo
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 22:39:51 GMT
I'm trying to install Geronimo with Jetty on my VPS.  I'm new to JEE and
would just like a system to play with, but I'm also replacing an existing
system so I have a few requirements that I'm trying to meet and I can't
seem to get it to work.

There are three names that I would like to have resolved to Geronimo:

www.squeakydolphin.com
kt.squeakydolphin.com
www.evolutionprograms.com

In addition the name www.evolutionaryprograms.com should just redirect to
www.evolutionprograms.com

I can set these to come in on different IPs if necessary, the current
nameserver configuration has www.evolutionprograms.com on its own IP with
www.evolutionaryprograms.com pointing to it.

I would like to be able to serve static content on these three pages
directly from Geronimo without running a separate instance of apache or
anything else.  I'd like to easily make changes to this static content.
In addition, there are a few stand alone JSP pages I would like served
and a single .war file I would like to install.

For now, that's it.  Unfortunately I can't seem to get even the static
content served correctly or the different domains even answering.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly
appreciate it.

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet@squeakydolphin.com>