geronimo-user mailing list archives

From CG <learn....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New tutorials for AG2.1 available
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:06:39 GMT
Hi,
Yes , there is database updating in the StatelessSessionBean and I
have learned a lot from that.
I understand that there is another way , that is , using EntityBean to
do the updating , which make the application more modular and
multitier.
 Therefore, if possible , I hope can see a  tutorial on that .

Thanks.

CG

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 11:40 PM, Ashish Jain <ashjain2@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi CG,
> Thanks for your comments!
>
> We are still to add tutorials for Stateful Session Bean. Regarding the
> database updation the existing Stateless Session Tutorial uses quite a bit
> of it.
>
> You can also have a look at the other tutorials as well like Java Server
> Faces, Application Clients, Web Services. Also go through the basics section
> before going through the tutorial section. This will give u a basic
> understanding of architecture for the technology involved.
>
> Thanks
> Ashish
>

> On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 8:54 PM, CG <learn.koa@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Ashish,
> >  First of all , thanks for the tutorial, as a newbie , I really
> > appreciate and learn a lot from those tutorial.
> >
> > I have a tutorial request , would you mind spend some time to make a
> > tutorial , with combining EntityBean , Stateless SessionBean ,
> > Stateful SessionBean with Web as UI , to show how to add a record into
> > a table, to retrieve a few records and populate on the UI .
> >
> > I believe a lot of us will be very appreciate if you can do so. If you
> > need my help to test the tutorial , just let me know.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Rgds,
> >  CG
> >

> > On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 12:37 AM, Ashish Jain <ashjain2@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Tim,
> > > Thanks for your valuable comments!
> > >  For your information all the tutorials use GEP 2.1(unstable). You can
> have
> > > a look at the other tutorials and provide your comments. This will help
> us
> > > to further improve the tutorials .
> > >
> > > Regarding 1. I guess it is not a critical issue. for 2. There were some
> > > problems with the jaxws-tools.bat in AG 2.1, It was throwing class not
> found
> > > exception. I contacted Jarek for the same and he provided a workaround
> for
> > > the same using gshell. I will soon update the tutorials with the steps
> for
> > > WSDL generation and changes therein to be made in the WSDL file.
> > >
> > > Hope to receive more comments from you as we move through tutorial
> section.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Ashish

> > > haven't