geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From CG <learn....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unclear steps in tutorial "Stateless Session Bean"
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:39:42 GMT
Hi Ashish,
 Thanks for your reply.

I have updated the geronimo-web.xml and openejb-jar.xml, and reexport
the archieve, and deploy using the console.

However, the problem still there when I deploy StatelessSessionEJB.jar
 (ApplicationClient.war no problem)
still the dependency problem ..

need your guidance , thanks in advance.

Error message:

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException:
Missing dependency: console.dbpool/jdbc%2Fuserds//
	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveInClassLoader(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:111)
	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveInClassLoader(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:104)
	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.resolveParentIds(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:473)
	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadDepthFirst(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:431)
	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:296)
	... 21 more





On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 11:09 PM, Ashish Jain <ashjain2@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for bringing this forward. The tutorial has been updated to reflect
> the final geronimo-web.xml and openejb-jar.xml.
>
> Thanks
> Ashish
>
>
>
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 8:26 PM, Ashish Jain <ashjain2@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Ans1: openejb-jar.xml seems to be correct. openejb-jar.xml for the
> application should look like this
> > openejb-jar.xml
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > <openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2"
> xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2"
> xmlns:pkgen="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/pkgen-2.0"
> xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.2"
> xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
> >   <sys:environment>
> >   <sys:dependencies>
> >             <sys:dependency>
> >                 <sys:groupId>console.dbpool</sys:groupId>
> >                 <sys:artifactId>jdbc%2Fuserds</sys:artifactId>
> >             </sys:dependency>
> > </sys:dependencies>
> >     <sys:moduleId>
> >       <sys:groupId>default</sys:groupId>
> >       <sys:artifactId>StatelessSessionEJB</sys:artifactId>
> >       <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
> >       <sys:type>car</sys:type>
> >     </sys:moduleId>
> >     </sys:environment>
> >   <enterprise-beans/>
> > </openejb-jar>
> > I hope you have followed all the steps and created a datasource as
> suggested by the tutorial.
> >
> > Ans2: geronimo-web.xml is automatically created once you have your
> environment set up with geronimo eclipse plugin. You need not create one.
> >
> > geronimo-web.xml
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > <web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1"
> xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1"
> xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
> xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
> >   <sys:environment>
> >
> >     <sys:moduleId>
> >       <sys:groupId>default</sys:groupId>
> >       <sys:artifactId>ApplicationClient</sys:artifactId>
> >
> >       <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
> >       <sys:type>car</sys:type>
> >     </sys:moduleId>
> >
> >     <sys:dependencies>
> >        <sys:dependency>
> >             <sys:groupId>default</sys:groupId>
> >               <sys:artifactId>StatelessSessionEJB</sys:artifactId>
> >               <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
> >               <sys:type>car</sys:type>
> >        </sys:dependency>
> > </sys:dependencies>
> >   </sys:environment>
> >   <context-root>/ApplicationClient</context-root>
> > </web-app>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 5:55 PM, CG <learn.koa@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >  I am now trying the tutorial  "Stateless Session Bean"
> > >
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/stateless-session-bean.html#StatelessSessionBean-DeployandRun
> > >
> > > And I am stuck at section  "Few more configurations", where need to
> > > configure dependencies because the steps are a bit unclear.
> > > I try to follow but get the following error which seems like is caused
> > > by the dependecies configuration
> > > Hope that somebody can help . thanks.
> > >
> > > [error]
> > > Caused by:
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException:
> > > Missing dependency: console.dbpool/jdbc%2Fuserds//
> > >        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveInClassLoader(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:111)
> > >        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveInClassLoader(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:104)
> > >        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.resolveParentIds(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:473)
> > >        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadDepthFirst(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:431)
> > >        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.loadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:296)
> > >        ... 21 more
> > >
> > > [/error]:
> > >
> > >
> > > Below are my questions:
> > >
> > > Question 1 : At which part of openejb-jar.xml, the following
> > > datasource dependency should be inserted ?
> > > <sys:dependencies>
> > >            <sys:dependency>
> > >                <sys:groupId>console.dbpool</sys:groupId>
> > >                <sys:artifactId>jdbc%2Fuserds</sys:artifactId>
> > >            </sys:dependency>
> > > </sys:dependencies>
> > >
> > > This is how I do
> > >
> > > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > > <openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2"
> > > xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2"
> > > xmlns:pkgen="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/pkgen-2.0"
> > > xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.2"
> > > xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
> > >  <sys:environment>
> > >      <sys:dependencies>
> > >        <sys:dependency>
> > >          <sys:groupId>console.dbpool</sys:groupId>
> > >          <sys:artifactId>jdbc%2Fuserds</sys:artifactId>
> > >        </sys:dependency>
> > >          </sys:dependencies>
> > >    <sys:moduleId>
> > >      <sys:groupId>default</sys:groupId>
> > >      <sys:artifactId>StatelessSessionEJB</sys:artifactId>
> > >      <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
> > >      <sys:type>car</sys:type>
> > >    </sys:moduleId>
> > >  </sys:environment>
> > >  <enterprise-beans/>
> > > </openejb-jar>
> > >
> > > Question 2:  There is no geronimo-web.xml(there is only web.xml) under
> > > WEB-INF , should I create a new one ?
> > >
> > > <sys:dependencies>
> > >       <sys:dependency>
> > >            <sys:groupId>default</sys:groupId>
> > >                <sys:artifactId>StatelessSessionEJB</sys:artifactId>
> > >                <sys:version>1.0</sys:version>
> > >                <sys:type>car</sys:type>
> > >       </sys:dependency>
> > > </sys:dependencies>
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> >
> >
>
>

Mime
View raw message