geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.1 and OS X
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 19:42:09 GMT

On Mar 19, 2008, at 3:17 PM, Mark Aufdencamp wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> I've been trying to get 2.1 running on my iBook.  Running into a
> couple
> of problems and could use some help.
>
> 1. Safari doesn't like the binary download link.  I grabbed Firefox to
> download the 2.1 binary, but would hate to see other Mac user
> discouraged from using Geronimo as a result of a bad link to the
> download.  I'm not sure why it doesnt like the .tar.gz link, but it
> tries to add a .html extension to the file (.tar.gz.html).  I'm
> willing
> to assist on this if I can be of help.

Hi Mark,
Heh. I've been living with that for a while. I normally download .zip
images to avoid. There aren't any differences between our .zip and
tar.gz images.

I have this same problem on other apache project downloads. If there's
a way to fix, it would be great.

> 2. I extracted the binary and configured it in MyEclipse as a Geronimo
> 2.1 server.  When I start the server it dies on the remote-deploy-
> tomcat
> GBean.  (stack trace below)
>
> 3. Utilizing the latest OS X 10.4.11 JVM - 1.5.0_13.  I think:) its
> apples latest production release.
<snip>

> 	at org.apache.geronimo.security.SubjectId.hashCode(SubjectId.java:79)
> 	at java.util.HashMap.put(HashMap.java:418)
> 	at java.util.Collections$SynchronizedMap.put(Collections.java:1983)
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .geronimo
> .security.ContextManager.registerSubject(ContextManager.java:265)
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .geronimo.security.ContextManager.<clinit>(ContextManager.java:69)
> 	... 38 more

I'm not sure how this applies to your MyEclipse environment, but this
same error occurs when you try to run Geronimo with a bad JRE_HOME/
JAVA_HOME setting. On my Mac, I have the following JAVA_HOME:

export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/
CurrentJDK/Home

--kevan