geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: HTTP transport and ActiveMQ
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 06:05:52 GMT

On Feb 28, 2008, at 11:01 PM, Farr wrote:

> I am new to Geronimo and ActiveMQ and I am trying to setup JMS
> messaging over
> HTTP.  Does anyone know where I can find an example of how to set
> this up in
> Germonimo?  Or does anyone have any suggestions on where to start?

ActiveMQ HTTP protocol support in ActiveMQ 4.1.1 is in the activemq-
optional-4.1.1.jar. Geronimo does not include this jar in our

If we did include the optional jar (or if you hacked the activemq-
optional classes into the activemq-core-4.1.1.jar file that we do
include), you could update your var/config/config.xml and add the
following new GBean to the activemq-broker module:

         <gbean name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/activemq-broker/2.1/
             <attribute name="protocol">http</attribute>
             <attribute name="host">${ServerHostname}</attribute>
             <attribute name="port">58585</attribute>
             <reference name="brokerService">

Note that I haven't tested this with activemq-optional classes. I have
tested to the point of getting a "Transport scheme NOT recognized:
[http]" exception from ActiveMQ.

Or, you could also build G 2.1 from source (this is a cleaner
solution). Ignore the above and do something like the following:

pom.xml -- search for 'activemq-core' and create equivalent stanza for
plugins/activemq/activemq-broker/pom.xml -- ditto
plugins/activemq/activemq-broker/src/main/plan/plan.xml -- duplicate
either the "ActiveMQ.tcp.default" or stomp GBean declaration and
create a new "ActiveMQ.http.default" equivalent

Build Geronimo.

That's all untested...

View raw message