geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.1 and Seam
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 18:39:02 GMT
On Mar 11, 2008, at 10:19 AM, Burt Prior wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Wow!  This is awesome news.  Very exciting.
>
> Ok, we are ready to apply this patch to our 2.1.
>
> Sorry to ask; could you be a bit more specific on what I need to do
> to apply
> this patch?
>
>> If you grab the org.apache.openejb.core.Operation class from the
>> latest
>> snapshot[1] and put it into your openejb-core-3.0-beta-2.jar
>> replacing the
>> existing Operation.class, things should work.
>
> I'm not sure how to do this exactly.  Could I ask for your help?

Sure.  You'll want to make sure your server is shutdown, then extract
this jar into a clean temp directory:

   repository/org/apache/openejb/openejb-core/3.0-beta-2/openejb-
core-3.0-beta-2.jar

Then delete the file: org/apache/openejb/core/Operation.class

Now you want to grab the openejb-core-3.0-SNAPSHOT jar I pointed you
at and extract it into it's own clean temp directory.  Then move the
3.0-SNAPSHOT version of org/apache/openejb/core/Operation.class into
the directory where the 3.0-beta-2 classes are extracted.  Now you
simply need to re-jar the contents of the extracted and updated 3.0-
beta-2 temp directory then copy the new jar file over top of the
openejb-core-3.0-beta-2.jar in your geronimo repository.  Then go
ahead and boot your server up.

> Thanks again for your excellent work with our team and Gavin.

No problem, thanks for hanging in there.  We appreciate it.  Hopefully
we can get a new release out with this fixed asap.

-David