geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: bottom line - can application config files reside in plain old directory?
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 16:29:49 GMT

On Mar 21, 2008, at 8:14 AM, waynej wrote:

> We have a J2EE app on Geronimo 2.0.2, and our config files work
> just fine in
> a jar inside the ear.  But we want the config files to be in a
> completely
> separate directory.  Browsing the forum, it's not clear if this is
> possible.
>
> The thread "Changing application calsspath to include directory"
> (http://www.nabble.com/Changing-application-calsspath-to-include-
> directory-tp4770139s134p4770139.html)
> asked what I am asking.  It sounded like it would be possible to
> deploy some
> magic XML which could point to an external directory.  But it
> sounds like
> GBean had problems.
>
> So is it possible?
>
> I see a solution mentioned where the config files are made into a
> jar and
> separately deployed.  But we don't like that.  Is this the most end-
> user
> friendly standard?

I wrote up a bit of documentation here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC21/Locating+your
+application+specific+configuration+files
or
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/locating-your-application-specific-
configuration-files.html

I wrote this up basically from memory and there are couple missing
snippets.  Corrections based on trying it out would be great.

thanks
david jencks