geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Relation between MDB's instances, instanceLimit and threads
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 06:39:31 GMT

On Mar 17, 2008, at 1:15 AM, Tomasz Mazan wrote:

> djencks wrote:
>>

>> I fixed the thread safety problems.
>>
>> I've also made the openejb part of a fix for OPENEJB-702 in openejb
>> trunk so message delivery to mdbs should be logged properly in the
>> transaction log.  I haven't had a chance to look specifically at the
>> howl integration code but wonder if you could try putting together
>> these fixes and seeing what happens.
>>
>> Note that right now the activeMQ vm transport does not work with
>> transaction logging so if you are using the vm transport you will
>> need to switch it to tcp or something else.
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>

> David, please help me to configure env with all patches you are
> writing
> about.
> Let's start with G 2.1 + activeMq fix for AMQ-1618. What changes /
> trunk
> build of components do I need ?

you'll need to build amq branches/activemq-4.1
build openejb-trunk
You can probably get away with installing these in an existing
geronimo 2.1 or 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT instance but I'm too tired to explain
how right now.  I think it's safer to adjust the activemq version in
the root geronimo pom and build either branches/2.1 (2.1.1-SNAPSHOT)
or trunk (2.2-SNAPSHOT).

Maybe we can organize an amq 4.1.x release but I'm not making any
promises -- I haven't looked hard at their build/release system.

> ActiveMq transport
> I have 2 listeners in Geronimo :
>  * ActiveMQ.stomp.default  	ActiveMQ  	stomp  	61613  	running
> stop  edit
> delete
>  * ActiveMQ.tcp.default 	ActiveMQ 	tcp 	61616 	running 	stop edit
> delete
> and my RA does not define transport explicitily. Is tcp-transport the
> default transport ?

According to the config-property element in the ra.xml the default
transport is tcp:

             <config-property-value>tcp://localhost:61616</config-
property-value>

thanks
david jencks