geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Relation between MDB's instances, instanceLimit and threads
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2008 07:15:21 GMT

On Mar 14, 2008, at 9:15 AM, Tomasz Mazan wrote:

> djencks wrote:
>>
>> I committed the fix we know about to amq 4.1 and trunk.  However the
>> code looks rather thread-unsafe -- I'm trying to verify that it needs
>> to be thread-safe -- so I expect additional fixes will be needed
>> before we think about a release.
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>

> I built active-mq with this fix and put it to my Geronimo.
> I need more time to say it's working properly. I got another
> problem with
> Geronimo which could has an impact on server's work and cause
> problems with
> processing requests via JMS. I described it in "HOWL exception"
> thread.

I fixed the thread safety problems.

I've also made the openejb part of a fix for OPENEJB-702 in openejb
trunk so message delivery to mdbs should be logged properly in the
transaction log.  I haven't had a chance to look specifically at the
howl integration code but wonder if you could try putting together
these fixes and seeing what happens.

Note that right now the activeMQ vm transport does not work with
transaction logging so if you are using the vm transport you will
need to switch it to tcp or something else.

thanks
david jencks