geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Łukasz Budnik" <>
Subject Re: SLSB transactions: First invocation throws exception, successive calls don't
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:47:32 GMT
Hi David,

> Now.... on startup, openjpa is likely to do a bunch of metadata analysis of
> the database, including possibly creating the tables etc for you, but I
> think at least checking that the mapping it has will work.  If it creates
> the tables, it first looks for a non-jta datasource; if there is none, it
> tries to use a connection from the jta-datasource

It's not the problem - recently I remember adding country field to a
User class and OpenJPA run ALTER TABLE without any error.

> I'd also strongly advise using the db2-specific tranql adapter.  I need to
> release the latest fixed version, but a snapshot is at

I was already using 1.2-SNAPSHOT, but above version is newer and
differs in size  by 1 byte ;) but changing the connector did not help

any other clues?

best regards
View raw message