geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2/Log4j question
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 22:48:04 GMT
After a little more thought I realized we could make this process
more convenient by supplying a gbean.  See https://issues.apache.org/
jira/browse/GERONIMO-3898

We need an example for the docs and to demonstrate that it works.

If you don't want to switch to geronimo trunk here's the basic idea
that you can implement in a listener:

     private static final String      CATEGORY_PREFIX =
"log4j.category.";
     private static final String      LOGGER_PREFIX   = "log4j.logger.";
     private static final String      RENDERER_PREFIX =
"log4j.renderer.";

     public ApplicationLog4jConfigurationGBean(String log4jResource,
String log4jFile, ServerInfo serverInfo, ClassLoader classloader)
throws IOException {
         InputStream in;
//You won't have easy access to the serverInfo, so you should skip
this part and use a resource inside your war file that you can load
from the classloader
         if (log4jFile != null) {
             File file = serverInfo.resolveServer(log4jFile);
             in = new FileInputStream(file);
         } else if (log4jResource != null) {
             in = classloader.getResourceAsStream(log4jResource);
             if (in == null) {
                 throw new NullPointerException("No log4j properties
resource found at " + log4jResource);
             }
         } else {
             return;
         }
         Properties props = new Properties();
         try {
             props.load(in);
         } finally {
             in.close();
         }
         //remove any global log4j configuration
         for (Iterator it = props.keySet().iterator(); it.hasNext(); ) {
             String key = (String) it.next();
             if (key.startsWith(CATEGORY_PREFIX)
                     || key.startsWith(LOGGER_PREFIX)
                     || key.startsWith(RENDERER_PREFIX)) {