geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: complex geronimo-web.xml problem
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:58:47 GMT
This is definitely a bug in geronimo that we need to fix before the
next release.  Can you tell us which geronimo version you are using?
There's a slight chance it has been fixed already and I've forgotten
about it.

As a workaround I think you can just include all the persistence
information in a persistence.xml file at an appropriate location in
your app.

BTW, you need different datasources for jta-datasource and non-jta-
datasource.  The jta-datasource should have <local-transaction/> or
<xa-transaction><transaction-caching/></xa-transaction> and the non-
jta-datasource should have <no-transaction/>

I can't get derby to work without 2 datasources. I don't know about
other databases, but using the same transactional datasource for non-
jta-datasource is almost certain to lead to trouble.
Can you suggest some way of documenting this so people are likely to
find it?  Maybe we should refuse to accept the same datasource for
both....

thanks
david jencks