geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Installing Apache Solr into Geronimo
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 21:39:10 GMT

On Mar 6, 2008, at 1:20 PM, tglawles wrote:

> I came ot a similar conclusion about 5 minutes ago.  I imported the
> WAR into
> eclipse and found an error in the web.xml.  It appears to be an
> encoding
> issues on the first line....
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
> There is an unseen character before the "<" character which I
> deleted.  Once
> removed, solr deploys just fine.
>
> Thanks for help Jason.

Tom and Jason,
Nice work. Thanks for tracking this down. Tom, will you feed this
information back to the Solr community?

It would be nice if Geronimo had a slightly more user-friendly error
message than:

Caused by: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Unexpected element:
CDATA

Not a bad idea to track this with a Jira, if you'd like to open one.

--kevan