geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to find setenv.bat in AG 2.1
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 16:49:11 GMT

On Mar 19, 2008, at 10:13 AM, Ashish Jain wrote:

> Hi,
> I am unable to find bin/setenv.bat in AG 2.1. Is the file no more
> present with AG 2.1? I could see various files for example
> deploy.bat, jaxws-tools.bat reffering to setenv.bat.

Hi Ashish,
setenv.sh/.bat is an optional file for setting user-specific
environment variables. I don't think we've ever included it in a
distribution (we do include setjavaenv.sh/.bat). If a user wants to
customize their environment, they'd need to create setenv.sh/.bat and
set the necessary environment variables. I think the comments in
the .sh/.bat files indicate this:

@REM   %GERONIMO_HOME%\bin\setenv.bat
@REM                   (Optional) This batch file is called if it is
present.
@REM                   Its contents may set one or more of the above
environment
@REM                   variables. It is preferable (to simplify
migration to
@REM                   future Geronimo releases) to set environment
variables
@REM                   in this file rather than modifying Geronimo's
script files.

In 2.1, gsh commands are the preferred mechanism for invoking command
line operations.

--kevan