geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Warner" <jaw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help installing geronimo
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 14:26:08 GMT
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 7:47 AM, Kenneth P. Turvey <
kt-usenet@squeakydolphin.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:37:08 -0400, Jason Warner wrote:
>
> > If you wanted to deploy your static content directly into Geronimo, then
> > you could do so by building a war containing that content and then
> > deploying it.
>
> Ok, I got this all working with Apache and I looked at it and decided
> that this was all silly.

Silly or not, it worked  ;)

>  I'm just going to package my static content up
> in a war file and install it that way.  If you have any tips for the best
> way to handle this, please speak up.
>
> Also, I saw that you don't really need to put them in a war, but can just
> deploy them in place.  That's one of the reasons I decided to change my
> mind on this.

For static content, you could indeed do hot deployment.  You still need a
deployment plan, though, so it's not too much different from deploying a war
(in my opinion).  You're just skipping the step where you create the war, as
far as I understand it.  I've never actually done a hot deploy myself,
though.  Here's a page that explains how to deploy on 2.1.  It includes  hot
deployment farther down the page as well.
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/installing-and-removing-applications.html

Please let me know if you have further questions.