geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Warner" <jaw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help installing geronimo
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:37:08 GMT
If you wanted to deploy your static content directly into Geronimo, then you
could do so by building a war containing that content and then deploying
it.  If that's what you want to do, then I can talk you through the
process.  I think we have another option here, though.  It's possible to use
Geronimo with the Apache server to run your application.  There's two ways
to do this and you can find documentation for both for Geronimo 2.1 here
[1].  Doing this, you should be able to (at least with the mod_jk method)
have your static content run on the HTTPd server and then have geronimo
handle dynamic content.  Since you would be using HTTP as your front end,
the matter of virtual hosts would be handled by the HTTP server and there is
some documentation on that here [2].

I think this might be the most elegant solution to what you want to do.  If
you're looking to use only Geronimo without the HTTP server, then we're
going to have to do some more digging.  Hope this helps.  Let me know if you
have anymore questions

[1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/configure-apache-httpd-with-jakarta-tomcat-connector-modjk.html
[2] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/