geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Warner" <jaw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: query regarding the default heap size of geronimo.
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:55:54 GMT
Hi Nandan,

Jonathan is correct.  The default heap size is the same as the java heap
size in most instances.  There was a slight change in Geronimo 2.1, though.
If you start the server using the start-server command (/bin/sart-server or
/bin/start-server.bat) or you start the server through gshell, which uses
the start-server command, then a script is used to launch the server that
sets the max heap size to 512m.  This script can be found at
/etc/rc.d/start-server,default.groovy.  If you wish to change this default,
you must make the change in the script. There is a slight bug in the
start-server command that makes it ignore java options provided on the
command line, but this should be fixed in the 2.1.1 release.

Hope this helps!

~Jason Warner

--
~Jason Warner