geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jason Warner" <jaw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: exception while running the 5 minute GEP tutorial example
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2008 20:59:07 GMT
The first thing that jumps out at me is that you're using the
deployment-1.1schema.  For deployment on Geronimo
2.0, you should be using deployment-1.2.  I think the eclipse plugin sets
the deployment xmlns to 1.1 when a new web project is created for Geronimo
2.0.  This was a bug that was noted a week or so ago in this jira:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-253

Try changing over to deployment-1.2 in your geronimo-web.xml.

Hope this helps!


On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 1:44 PM, seleshmaster <seleshmaster@gmail.com> wrote:

>
> Hi guys;
>
> I am a newbi to JEE. I installed geronimo 2.0 and I was just following
> this
> tutorial to get my hands wet
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/5-minute-tutorial-on-enterprise-application-development-with-eclipse-and-geronimo.html#5-minuteTutorialonEnterpriseApplicationDevelopmentwithEclipseandGeronimo-CreateEnterpriseApplicationProject
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/5-minute-tutorial-on-enterprise-application-development-with-eclipse-and-geronimo.html#5-minuteTutorialonEnterpriseApplicationDevelopmentwithEclipseandGeronimo-CreateEnterpriseApplicationProject
>
> Finally when I tried to deploy  the EAR project on the server, I am
> getting
> the following exception. Anyone has any idea?
>
> thx for the help.
>
>
> [severity=ERROR,message=unexpected element
> (uri:"http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1",
> local:"environment"). Expected elements are
> <{http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2}ejb-ql-compiler-factory<http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2%7Dejb-ql-compiler-factory>
> >,<{http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2}enterprise-beans<http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2%7Denterprise-beans>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2}service<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2%7Dservice>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2}gbean<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2%7Dgbean>
> >,<{http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence}persistence<http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence%7Dpersistence>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2}cmp-connection-factory<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2%7Dcmp-connection-factory>
> >,<{http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2}db-syntax-factory<http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2%7Ddb-syntax-factory>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2}message-destination<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2%7Dmessage-destination>
> >,<{
> http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2}enforce-foreign-key-constraints<http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2%7Denforce-foreign-key-constraints>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-2.0}security<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-2.0%7Dsecurity>
> >,<{http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2}relationships<http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2%7Drelationships>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2}environment<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2%7Denvironment>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.2}security<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.2%7Dsecurity>
> >,locator=[node=null,object=null,url=null,line=3,col=20,offset=-1]]
> 13:29:20,805 ERROR [Deployer] Deployment failed due to
> org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Failed parsing descriptors
> for module: /tmp/geronimo-deploymentUtil35456.jar
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.createModule(
> EjbModuleBuilder.java:277)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.createModule(
> EjbModuleBuilder.java:199)
>        at
>
> org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$cd80af20.invoke
> (<generated>)
>        at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(
> FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(
> GBeanOperation.java:124)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java
> :830)
>        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(
> RawInvoker.java:57)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(
> RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(
> ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>        at
>
> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.ModuleBuilder$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$2b8f267d.createModule
> (<generated>)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.addModules(
> EARConfigBuilder.java:767)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.getEarPlan(
> EARConfigBuilder.java:384)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.getDeploymentPlan(
> EARConfigBuilder.java:277)
>        at
>
> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder$$FastClassByCGLIB$$38e56ec6.invoke
> (<generated>)
>        at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(
> FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(
> GBeanOperation.java:124)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java
> :830)
>        at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(
> RawInvoker.java:57)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(
> RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(
> ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
>        at
>
> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.CorbaGBeanNameSource$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$62bca092.getDeploymentPlan
> (<generated>)
>        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java
> :234)
>        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java
> :126)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$734a235d.invoke
> (<generated>)
>        at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(
> FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(
> GBeanOperation.java:124)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java
> :865)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
>        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.KernelGBean.invoke(KernelGBean.java
> :342)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.KernelGBean$$FastClassByCGLIB$$1cccefc9.invoke
> (<generated>)
>        at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(
> FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(
> GBeanOperation.java:124)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java
> :865)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.system.jmx.MBeanGBeanBridge.invoke(
> MBeanGBeanBridge.java:168)
>        at
> com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.DynamicMetaDataImpl.invoke(
> DynamicMetaDataImpl.java:213)
>        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MetaDataImpl.invoke(MetaDataImpl.java
> :220)
>        at
> com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(
> DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:815)
>        at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(
> JmxMBeanServer.java:784)
>        at
> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(
> RMIConnectionImpl.java:1410)
>        at
> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$100(
> RMIConnectionImpl.java:81)
>        at
> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run(
> RMIConnectionImpl.java:1247)
>        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>        at
> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(
> RMIConnectionImpl.java:1350)
>        at
> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(
> RMIConnectionImpl.java:784)
>        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor165.invoke(Unknown Source)
>        at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java
> :294)
>        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:153)
>        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:149)
>        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(
> TCPTransport.java:466)
>        at
> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java
> :707)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
> Caused by: org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Cannot unmarshall the
> openejb-jar.xml. Xml content written to: /tmp/openejb-jar-35457.xml:
> unexpected element (uri:"http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1
> ",
> local:"environment"). Expected elements are
> <{http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2}ejb-ql-compiler-factory<http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2%7Dejb-ql-compiler-factory>
> >,<{http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2}enterprise-beans<http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2%7Denterprise-beans>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2}service<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2%7Dservice>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2}gbean<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2%7Dgbean>
> >,<{http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence}persistence<http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence%7Dpersistence>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2}cmp-connection-factory<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2%7Dcmp-connection-factory>
> >,<{http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2}db-syntax-factory<http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2%7Ddb-syntax-factory>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2}message-destination<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2%7Dmessage-destination>
> >,<{
> http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2}enforce-foreign-key-constraints<http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2%7Denforce-foreign-key-constraints>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-2.0}security<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-2.0%7Dsecurity>
> >,<{http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2}relationships<http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2%7Drelationships>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2}environment<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2%7Denvironment>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.2}security<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.2%7Dsecurity>
> >
>        at
> org.apache.openejb.config.ReadDescriptors.readOpenejbJar(
> ReadDescriptors.java:207)
>        at
> org.apache.openejb.config.ReadDescriptors.deploy(ReadDescriptors.java:65)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.createModule(
> EjbModuleBuilder.java:272)
>        ... 58 more
> Caused by: javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException: unexpected element
> (uri:"http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1",
> local:"environment"). Expected elements are
> <{http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2}ejb-ql-compiler-factory<http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2%7Dejb-ql-compiler-factory>
> >,<{http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2}enterprise-beans<http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2%7Denterprise-beans>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2}service<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2%7Dservice>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2}gbean<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2%7Dgbean>
> >,<{http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence}persistence<http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence%7Dpersistence>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2}cmp-connection-factory<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2%7Dcmp-connection-factory>
> >,<{http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2}db-syntax-factory<http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2%7Ddb-syntax-factory>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2}message-destination<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2%7Dmessage-destination>
> >,<{
> http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2}enforce-foreign-key-constraints<http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2%7Denforce-foreign-key-constraints>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-2.0}security<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-2.0%7Dsecurity>
> >,<{http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2}relationships<http://openejb.apache.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.2%7Drelationships>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2}environment<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2%7Denvironment>
> >,<{http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.2}security<http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.2%7Dsecurity>
> >
>        at
> com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallingContext.handleEvent(
> UnmarshallingContext.java:523)
>        at
> com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.Loader.reportError(Loader.java
> :199)
>        at
> com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.Loader.reportError(Loader.java
> :194)
>        at
>
> com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.Loader.reportUnexpectedChildElement
> (Loader.java:71)
>        at
> com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.Loader.childElement(Loader.java
> :65)
>        at
> com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.StructureLoader.childElement(
> StructureLoader.java:209)
>        at
>
> com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallingContext._startElement
> (UnmarshallingContext.java:366)
>        at
> com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallingContext.startElement
> (UnmarshallingContext.java:347)
>        at
> com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.SAXConnector.startElement(
> SAXConnector.java:101)
>        at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.startElement(
> XMLFilterImpl.java:527)
>        at
> org.apache.openejb.jee.oejb2.NamespaceFilter.startElement(
> NamespaceFilter.java:179)
>        at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(
> AbstractSAXParser.java:533)
>        at
>
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement
> (XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:330)
>        at
>
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch
> (XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1693)
>        at
>
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument
> (XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:368)
>        at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(
> XML11Configuration.java:834)
>        at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(
> XML11Configuration.java:764)
>        at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java
> :148)
>        at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(
> AbstractSAXParser.java:1242)
>        at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(XMLFilterImpl.java:333)
>        at
> com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal0(
> UnmarshallerImpl.java:194)
>        at
> com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(
> UnmarshallerImpl.java:167)
>        at
> javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(
> AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.java:120)
>        at
> javax.xml.bind.helpers.AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(
> AbstractUnmarshallerImpl.java:103)
>        at
> org.apache.openejb.jee.oejb2.JaxbOpenejbJar2.unmarshal(
> JaxbOpenejbJar2.java:104)
>        at
> org.apache.openejb.jee.oejb2.JaxbOpenejbJar2.unmarshal(
> JaxbOpenejbJar2.java:66)
>        at
> org.apache.openejb.config.ReadDescriptors.readOpenejbJar(
> ReadDescriptors.java:117)
>        ... 60 more
>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://www.nabble.com/exception-while-running-the-5-minute-GEP-tutorial-example-tp15779115s134p15779115.html
> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>


-- 
~Jason Warner

Mime
View raw message