geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jason Warner" <jaw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to install and run geronimo in linux?
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2008 13:51:26 GMT
The supported version for all current releases is 1.5.  As far as I know, it
still mostly works with 1.6 but I believe there are issues that pop up every
now and then.  It's highly recommended that you use 1.5.  What do you mean
when you say that the only download you can get from sun is 1.6?  Is it some
sort of requirement for work?  If not, try here:
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/previous.jsp
The downloads you've be looking for are under J2SE 5.0.

Make sure you point the JAVA_HOME variable that Peter was discussing to
whichever 1.5 jdk you download.