geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Unable to resolve resource reference 'jdbc/MusicDB' (Found multiple matching resources. Try being more specific in a resource-ref mapping in your Geronimo deployment plan.
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2008 22:59:11 GMT

On Mar 30, 2008, at 11:50 AM, newbie-gero wrote:

> Hi david,
> thanks for your help and effort in helping me with Geronimo.
> I have follow your advice and i decide to remove the database pool
> i deploy
> into the server which means i go into the console, click on the
> database
> pool and delete the database pool i  have deploy into the server,
>
> Using the same ear file, i deploy again and i get this error:
>
>  Error: Unable to distribute MusicApp.ear: Unable to create
>     configuration for deployment
>
>         load of default/Music-ear_war-ic.war/1.3/car failed
>
>         Error starting configuration gbean
>     default/Music-ear_war-ic.war/1.3/car
>
>         Missing dependency: user/jdbcdatasource/2.0/car
>
> Do i need to change the xml files in the ear ?

yes. The geronimo-web.xml plan includes a dependency on the database
pool you removed, so the app won't deploy with the missing
dependency.  You need to remove the dependency from your web module
plan.  In fact, you wouldn't need to undeploy the separate database
pool if you removed the dependency from the plan.

thanks
david jencks

> Thanks
>

> djencks wrote:
>>
>> You have deployed the database pool twice: once standalone using the
>> plan you've pointed to here, resulting in the module
>>
>>    [ALL: user/jdbcdatasource/2.0/car]
>>
>> and once directly in the ear, as you fixed in the last problem you
>> solved.
>>
>> You need to decide which of these methods  you will use and use only
>> one of them.   If you include the pool setup in the ear, you only
>> have one package to deal with, which is handy, but if you use a
>> separate database pool it's easier to do things like switch databases
>> without modifying your main application.  Both have their advantages.
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>
>> On Mar 30, 2008, at 8:30 AM, newbie-gero wrote:
>>

>>> Hi, this is in response to the previous message i have post: Error:
>>> Unable to
>>> distribute MusicApp.ear: Geronimo ear plan contains modules that
>>> aren't in
>>> the ear: false
>>>
>>> I have follow the solutions from that previous post and this is the
>>> new
>>> error after implementing the solution. I can see the error solving
>>> in this
>>> forum is effective as from not able to find the resource jdbc/
>>> MusicDB to
>>> unable to find module and finally there are too many resource for
>>> jdbc/MusicDB.
>>>
>>> Currently this is the error i'm facing. i have include the the
>>> codes u
>>> advice into the application.xml.
>>> <module>
>>> <connector>tranql-connector-ra-1.3.rar</connector>
>>> </module>
>>> This is my new complile package:
>>> http://www.nabble.com/file/p16383336/MusicApp.ear MusicApp.ear
>>>
>>> Previously i have add a database pool in the geronimo server. This
>>> is how i
>>> do it by writing a mysql-geronimo-plan.xml as below:
>>> http://www.nabble.com/file/p16383336/mysql-geronimo-plan.xml
>>> mysql-geronimo-plan.xml
>>> This is how i deploy the database pool:
>>> ./deploy.sh --user system --password manager deploy
>>> /home/chongming/geronimo-2.1/mysql-geronimo-plan.xml
>>> /home/chongming/geronimo-2.1/repository/org/tranql/tranql-connector-
>>> ra/1.3/tranql-connector-ra-1.3.rar
>>>
>>> This is the response from Geronimo server when i deploy the ear file
>>>
>>> Error: Unable to distribute MusicApp.ear: Unable to resolve resource
>>>     reference 'jdbc/MusicDB' (Found multiple matching resources.
>>> Try
>>>     being more specific in a resource-ref mapping in your Geronimo
>>>     deployment plan.
>>>

>>> default/Music-ear/1.3/ear?J2EEApplication=default/Music-ear/1.3/
>>> ear,JCAConnectionFactory=MusicDS,JCAResource=tranql-connector-
>>> ra-1.3.rar,ResourceAdapter=tranql-connector-
>>> ra-1.3.rar,ResourceAdapterModule=tranql-connector-
>>> ra-1.3.rar,j2eeType=JCAManagedConnectionFactory,name=MusicDS
>>>

>>> user/jdbcdatasource/2.0/car?
>>> J2EEApplication=null,JCAConnectionFactory=MusicDS,JCAResource=user/
>>> jdbcdatasource/2.0/car,ResourceAdapter=user/jdbcdatasource/2.0/
>>> car,ResourceAdapterModule=user/jdbcdatasource/2.0/