geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: MDB performance tuning, configuration
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:25:20 GMT
There are a bunch of problems getting mdbs w/transactions to work.  I  
think I've fixed all of them in activemq and hope to be pushing a new  
activemq 4.1.2 snapshot in the next few days and these fixes should  
be available in 2.1.1.

Meanwhile be sure:

the openejp instanceLimit >= maxSessions  (maybe setting it to 0 also  
works, I'm not sure)
the maxMessagesPerSession >= maxSessions

Which transport are you using?  I've only tested with the (fixed) vm  
transport (AMQ-1438)

thanks
david jencks

On Mar 24, 2008, at 5:03 AM, the666pack wrote:

>
> ok as it is just a test server i had a quick "setup session" and  
> got a clean
> server again. i hope i dont run into the problem anymore now.. i  
> will keep
> some backup server just in case ;)
>
>
> the666pack wrote:
>>
>> hallo,
>>
>> it seems i completely messed up with my MDB application now. i  
>> tried the
>> "activation spec" that you mentioned and it worked fine. then i  
>> thought ia
>> lso try to set the InstanceLimit to 0. so i went to the config.xml  
>> file
>> and changed the "MDB\ Container\ InstanceLimit=0" wrong thing to  
>> do. after
>> that i did not receive the wanted updates anymore in the database. i
>> increased the value again to "maxPool" size.. and since that at  
>> startup of
>> the server or at deploy time i always realize that some messages are
>> delivered but then it stops again. i dont even send messages  
>> anymore, the
>> messages that are delivered are from a test 2 hours ago!
>>
>> i also tried to restart the database, restart the server, computer,
>> everything. and tried to start with an empty db. the only thing i  
>> realize
>> is that at startup or deploytime of my application it sends some 10
>> messages to the queue and after this it stops.
>>
>> by the way.. i already set the values back to their initial  
>> state.. but no
>> effect.. i keep having this error and not possible to deliver any new
>> messages.. just everytime i start i see more 10 values being  
>> changed in
>> the database.
>>
>> can anyone help me, please.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> mario
>>
>>
>> manucet wrote:
>>>
>>> You may have tried this out but increasing the maxMessagesPerSession
>>> activation config property will increase the prefetch size and
>>> generally speed it up a bit more. I assume u have already increased
>>> the maxSessions activation config property to increase the no of
>>> parallel Mdb instances. Here is a link for the properties that AMQ
>>> allows http://activemq.apache.org/activation-spec- 
>>> properties.html. The
>>> configurable OpenEJB properties are given here
>>> http://openejb.apache.org/example-generated-documentation.html.
>>>
>>> Try setting the InstanceLimit property of the MdbContainer to 0 so
>>> that the no of instances created matches the no of AMQ sessions
>>> available. For setting this you need to set this as a system  
>>> property.
>>> The property should be containerId.InstanceLimit where  
>>> containerId is
>>> of the format  <artifactId>.<Resource Group Name>-<listener  
>>> interface>
>>>
>>> eg: org.apache.geronimo.configs/activemq-ra/2.2-SNAPSHOT/ 
>>> car.ActiveMQ
>>> RA-javax.jms.MessageListener
>>>
>>> ie <artifactId> =  artifactId of the jms RA
>>> <Resource Group Name> - The resource Group name u gave while  
>>> creating the
>>> RA
>>> <listener interface> - javax.jms.MessageListener in this case
>>>
>>> So the property in this case can be set as
>>> org.apache.geronimo.configs/activemq-ra/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car.ActiveMQ\
>>> RA-javax.jms.MessageListener.InstanceLimit=0
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Manu
>>> On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 4:49 PM, the666pack <mario.kofler@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>  hello,
>>>>
>>>>  i am trying to test the performance of geronimo under load for  
>>>> message
>>>>  driven beans. the observed behaviour is that i get a maximum of  
>>>> about
>>>> 85
>>>>  transactions per second. after this, tested with about 60  
>>>> concurrent
>>>> users,
>>>>  the performance drops again to about 45 tps. i hoped to  
>>>> increase the
>>>>  performance somehow.. things i already tried:
>>>>
>>>>  -increase the mdb pool size
>>>>  -increase the thread pool size
>>>>  -increase the connector-thread-pool-size
>>>>
>>>>  unfortunately nothing helped, the performance situation remains  
>>>> the
>>>> same.
>>>>
>>>>  another observed behaviour is that in the time of silence  
>>>> between tests
>>>> the
>>>>  server needs some time to fulfill the requests sent before. so  
>>>> i see it
>>>> is
>>>>  still working although i am not sending mdb-requests anymore.
>>>>
>>>>  i suppose these are the requests that are still in the queue  
>>>> and have
>>>> to be
>>>>  finished. i think this is the reason for the performance drop  
>>>> with more
>>>>  concurrent users. i would like to see it perform without this
>>>>  "aftertime-working" and handle the requests "in time".
>>>>
>>>>  maybe someone can give me a hint which other values could be  
>>>> important
>>>> to
>>>>  change for the performance of mdbs getting real good. i thank  
>>>> you very
>>>> much
>>>>  for your help,
>>>>
>>>>  greetings,
>>>>
>>>>  mario
>>>>  --
>>>>  View this message in context:
>>>> http://www.nabble.com/MDB-performance-tuning%2C-configuration- 
>>>> tp16234678s134p16234678.html
>>>>  Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at
>>>> Nabble.com.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> -- 
> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/MDB-performance- 
> tuning%2C-configuration-tp16234678s134p16249640.html
> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users mailing list archive at  
> Nabble.com.
>


Mime
View raw message