geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: complex geronimo-web.xml problem
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2008 22:59:26 GMT

On Mar 30, 2008, at 2:58 PM, Andrey Tedeev wrote:

> oops. It was deploying only because I accidentally put it into WEB-INF
> instead of META-INF.
> So persistence unit was not just found. As soon as i put it in
> right place
> META-INF/persistence.xml
> it will produce same error Unable to resolve reference
> "JtaDataSourceWrapper".
> So this way doesn't work either.

I didn't think it would :-)

In geronimo the jta-datasource and non-jta-datasource don't have
anything to do with jndi, so a resource-ref element won't help
resolve them.  They directly relate to the name in the datasource plan.

So with your resource ref element I think you have some datasources
named
jdbc-jta-AAF
jdbc-non-jta-AAF

Your persistence.xml (in META-INF) ought to work if it contains these
names:

     <jta-data-source>jdbc-jta-AAF</jta-data-source
    <non-jta-data-source> jdbc-non-jta-AAF </non-jta-data-source>

You don't need the resource-ref elements at all for the jpa stuff.

Hope this gets it working :-)
david jencks