geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo v2.1 Plan Creator => Deploy Liferay 4.1.1
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 18:14:41 GMT

On Mar 1, 2008, at 10:02 AM, Jim Foster wrote:

> djencks wrote:
>>
>> Your plan works for me.  I jar'ed up my sample and attached it to the
>> wiki page.  Could you see if you can detect the relevant difference?
>>
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>>
>>  <snip>
>>

> Hi David,
>
> I think I see the point of confusion.
>
> In your doc, you have this:
>
> [3] Repackage the liferay war
>
> mvn archetype:create \
>   -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes \
>   -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-webapp \
>   -DarchetypeVersion=1.0 \
>   -DgroupId=com.liferay \
>   -DartifactId=liferay-portal-lesslibs \
>   -Dversion=4.4.1-NOLIB-SNAPSHOT
> cd liferay-portal
> rm -rf src
>

> Shouldn't that artifactId be "liferay-portal"?

I don't think so.  Previously we've installed the liferay portal war
from liferay in the local maven repo as com.liferay/liferay-portal/
4.4.1/war so we don't want another project claiming to generate the
same artifactId.  In fact I tried this at first but just having a
different version between input and output doesn't work -- maven
objects.

Would it be clearer if the heading said,
[3] Create a project to repackage the liferay war
(and similarly for the other projects/steps)?

thanks
david jencks