geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Tim McConnell <tim.mcco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo WTP client for eclipse , server cannot start
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 19:48:46 GMT
Hi CG, I glad that you're finally going, but I'm sorry it took me so long to
finally conclude that it could be a WTP installation problem -- it's not always
obvious. As a result though, I think that I shall add a troubleshooting section
to our documentation for the Eclipse Plugin, include your failure(s), and the
solution. We've had other failures due to improper WTP installations so at least
we can start trying to consolidate the symptoms for reference and perusal.
Thanks much.

CG wrote:
> [...]
>>  i.e., Namely start with a fresh installation of eclipse and WTP ? If so, you can
>>  use the ant script on the website listed earlier to download everything you need
>>  automatically. Plus it only takes a few minutes. Otherwise, please attach the
>>  configuration details for you Eclipse installation. You can get this from
>>  Eclipse via Help --> About Eclipse SKD --> Configuration Details. From this
data
>>  we can see what features and plugins you actually have installed and we can then
>>  try to figure out what exactly you're missing. Thanks much....
>>

>>  CG wrote:
>>  > Tested with the GEP 2.1 unstable.
>>  > No luck , same problem.
>>  >
>>  > Trying change the ping delay to a big number , the server keep showing
>>  > starting status
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 7:23 PM, CG <learn.koa@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  >> Hi Tim,
>>  >>   In fact,  I am using GEP 2.0. I thought it should be compatible to
>>  >>  certain extend , at least.
>>  >>  I'll download the unstable version to have a try again. Thanks
>>  >>
>>  >>  CG
>>  >>
>>  >>
>>  >>
>>  >>  On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 7:13 PM, Tim McConnell <tim.mcconne@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>  >>  > Hi seleshmaster and CG, are you both sure that you have all the WTP
prereqs
>>  >>  >  required for the Geronimo Eclipse plugin as listed here ??
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  >  -----> http://geronimo.apache.org/development-tools.html
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  >  Also, if you are using the Geronimo Eclipse Plugin version 2.1.0,
where are you
>>  >>  >  getting it ?? Or are you building it yourself ?? The latest GEP
2.1.0 can be
>>  >>  >  downloaded from our unstable site at:
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  >  ----->
>>  >>  >  http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/unstable/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT-deployable.zip
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  >  Finally, if you do in fact have all the prereqs installed, could
you please
>>  >>  >  attach the log from your Eclipse workspace after the failure occurs
?? It will
>>  >>  >  be the .log file in your .metadata subdirectory. Thanks much....
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  >
>>  >>  >  seleshmaster wrote:
>>  >>  >  > Hello;
>>  >>  >  >
>>  >>  >  > I am also a newbie to JEE, I am having a similar problem.
Though, i can
>>  >>  >  > start the server on command line but I am unable to start the
server in
>>  >>  >  > eclipse. I have setup Geronimo WTP client.
>>  >>  >  > The version I am running is v2.1 (Geronimo).  I was just following
the
>>  >>  >  > "5-minute Tutorial on Enterprise Application ..."
>>  >>  >  >
>>  >>  >  > it seems it starts ok, then it just dies
>>  >>  >  >
>>  >>  >  > The error i am getting is " Server Apache Geronimo v2.0  failed
to start"
>>  >>  >  >
>>  >>  >  > please help
>>  >>  >  >
>>  >>  >  > thx
>>  >>  >  >
>>  >>  >  >
>>  >>  >  >
>>  >>  >  > CG-6 wrote:
>>  >>  >  >> Hi, I am newbie in Geronimo, or more exactly , newbie in
J2EE.
>>  >>  >  >> I have setup the Geronimo WTP client for eclipse , and
when I try to
>>  >>  >  >> start the server it could not start.
>>  >>  >  >>
>>  >>  >  >> Environment
>>  >>  >  >> ==========
>>  >>  >  >> OS is Ubuntu 7.10
>>  >>  >  >> Geronimo version is geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.0.1
>>  >>  >  >> Ecplise SDK version is 3.3.1
>>  >>  >  >> JDK version is java_ee_sdk-5_04-linux
>>  >>  >  >>
>>  >>  >  >>
>>  >>  >  >> I have tried to google for solution but could not find
relevant answer.
>>  >>  >  >>
>>  >>  >  >> I also tried to run geronimo from cli , using the startup.sh
, but
>>  >>  >  >> seems like encounter the same problem.
>>  >>  >  >>
>>  >>  >  >> Hope that somebody can give some guidance to solve this
problem. Thanks.
>>  >>  >  >>
>>  >>  >  >>
>>  >>  >  >>
>>  >>  >  >> Error messages are as below
>>  >>  >  >> ==============================
>>  >>  >  >>
>>  >>  >  >> 22:18:15,725 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting;
GBean is
>>  >>  >  >> now in the FAILED state:
>>  >>  >  >> abstractName="org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/2.0.1/car?configurationName=org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-system/2.0.1/car"
>>  >>  >  >> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException:
>>  >>  >  >> Unable to resolve dependency
>>  >>  >  >> org.apache.geronimo.modules/geronimo-common/2.0.1/jar
>>  >>  >  >>      at
>>  >>  >  >> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationResolver.resolve(ConfigurationResolver.java:114)
>>  >>  >  >>      at
>>  >>  >  >> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.buildClassPath(Configuration.java:404)
>>  >>  >  >> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.createConfigurationClasssLoader(Configuration.java:321)
>>  >>  >  >> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.java:266)
>>  >>  >  >>      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
Method)

--
Thanks,